The presiding deity of Lord Sri Veera Venkata Satyanarayana swamy is Lord Sri Veera Venkata Satyanarayana swamy (Lord Vishnu) and the Goddess of the temple is Ananta Lakshmi Satyavathi. The Meru on the floor, which holds a pillar at the center and the deities placed at the top of it signifies that Lord Sri Veera Venkata Satyanarayana swamy lasts not only in the center of the heart but also pervaded to the entire universe.
The main shrine of Lord Sri Veera Venkata Satyanarayana swamy is constructed in the shape of a chariot with four wheels. And the Sanctum sanctorum of Lord Sri Veera Venkata Satyanarayana swamy in the centre, rules over the universe. The other deities found in the temple are Lord Sri Rama, Goddess Vana Durga, and Goddess Kanaka Durga.
The Chariot form of the shrine is meant as the symbol of Seven Lokas (the seven lower regions of the universe, which are located under the earth). The wheels of the chariot indicate the Sun and the Moon denotes that the chariot moves on the wheels of time, and continuous forever.
Sri Veera Venkata Satyanarayana swamy contains the architecture of Vishwakarma Brahmin, Principal Architect of the Universe. And the temples contains a Kalyana mandapa (Marriage hall) and Ramalaya. Sri Veera Venkata Satyanarayana swamy Templeis located in Annavaram village, which is on the banks of river Pampa, East Godavari district of Andhra Pradesh.
Annavaram is considered the holiest place located next to Tirupathi. The wonderful Ratnagiri hills holds the shrine of Veera Venkata Satyanarayana swamy and the shrine is surrounded by Pampa River. The word Annavaram has a particular meaning. “Anna” refers to “what you desire”, and “varam” refers to “boon”. Hence, it is believed that Lord Veera Venkata Satyanarayana Swamy blesses the devotees with whatever they pray for.
The mythology was that Meruvu, the Lord of the hills, performed a tough penance along with His consort Menakatowards Lord Vishnu. And they were blessed with two sons named Bhadra and Ratnakara. Bhadra, the great devotee of Lord Vishnu had great respect on Lord Vishnu and by his tough penance and devotion towards Lord Vishnu, Lord Rama (the seventh incarnation of Lord Vishnu) is said to settled on that place permanently. And hence the place is known as Bhadrachalam.
On the other hand, Ratnakara worshiped and performed penance towards Lord Vishnu. Pleased by his devotion, Lord Vishnu blessed him to remain as Ratnagiri hill on which Lord Vishnu settled there in the form of Lord Sri Veera Venkata Satyanarayana swamy.
The temple was believed to be discovered by Raja I.V. Rama-narayanam, who was a zamindar of Gorsa and Kirlampudi estates, as ordered by the Lord Himself in the dream of zamindar of Gorsa and Kirlampudi estates. He found the temple and he installed the temple at Annavaram in the year 1891.
- Sri Swamy Suprabatha Seva – 3.30 AM
- Abhishekam & Archana – 4.00 AM to 5.15 AM
- Balabogam – 5.15 AM
- Panchaharathulu & Neerajana Mantra Pushpamulu – 5.30 AM
- Sri Swamivari Special Vratham – 6.00 AM to 6.00 PM
- Sri Swamivari Visishta Vratham – 6.00 AM to 6.00 PM
- Swamy Vari Sarva Darshanam – 6.00 AM to 12.00 PM and from 12.30 PM to 9.00 PM
- Ashtothara Sathanama Poojas & Sahasranamarchanas – 08.00 AM to 12.00 PM
- Abhishekams (performed by the Devotees) – 08.00 AM to 12.00 PM
- Sri Swamivari Nitya Kalyanam – 9.30 AM
- Rajabhoga Mahanivedana – 12.30 PM to 1.00 PM
- Sri Swamivari Pavalimpu seva – 02.00PM
- Sri Swamy Vari Darbaru Seva – 7.30 PM to 8.30 PM
- Sri Ammavarla Ekanta Seva – 8.30 PM to 9.00 PM
- Closing time – 9.00 PM to 3.30 AM
- Kalyanam – May
- Devi Navratri – September
- Swayamvara Vardhanti of Sraavana Suddha Ekadashi Day – August
- Srirama Kalyana – March/April
- Kanakadurga Yatra
- Prabha Utsavam
- Teppa Utsavam
Location and Transportation
Nearest airport to Sri Sathyanarayana swamy Temple is Visakhapatnam and Rajahmundry.
Annavaram is the nearest railway station which is only about 3 Kms from the temple. Annavaram railway station is located at the main Chennai – Howrah (Kolkatta) railway line.
The Andhra Pradesh State Road Transport Corporation (APSRTC) operates regular bus services from Kakinada to Tuni, Rajahmundry to Tuni, and Yele-swaram to Tuni via Annavaram and it connects various other major cities.
- Thalupulamma Thalli Temple
- Samarlakota Sri Kumararama Bheemeshwara Swamy temple
- Simhachalam Temple
- Draksharama Bheemeshwara Swamy temple
- Antharvedi Sri Lakshmi Narasimha Swamy Temple